PCOS Treatment in Tamilnadu
PCOS Drilling is a surgical modality of treatment used in infertility clinic for treatment of infertility in women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). This surgical procedure induces ovulation process in women with PCOS. Sakthi Fertility provides the best laparoscopic PCOS Drilling surgery for Female Inferility in Udumalpet, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
PCOS is caused by an imbalance in the hormones (chemical messengers) in your brain and your ovaries. PCOS usually happens when a hormone called LH (from the Pituitary Gland) or levels of Insulin (from the Pancreas) are too high, which then causes the ovaries to make extra amounts of Testosterone.
It is done after diagnosis and evaluations of women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Diagnostic test are:
• Clinical medical history and menstrual history
• Physical examination
• Hormone test
• USG abdomen etc.,
So it is done to induce ovulation in women after proper evaluation and investigation.
It is done laproscopically using a laparoscope, and a laser or electrode is used to drill the cysts present in the ovaries.
It may sound scary, but "Ovarian Drilling" is simple and minimally invasive. Ovarian Drilling is a one of the laparoscopic procedure performed under General anesthesia. The surgery is typically done on an outpatient basis with minimal recovery time. Here is how Ovarian Drilling works:
1. Your surgeon makes a small cut (incision) below your belly button
2. After a tube is inserted through the incision, and Carbon dioxide gas is pumped through the tube to inflate your abdomen. Inflating your abdomen is used to allow the surgeon to see your ovary more clearly and gives them more room to work. Then the laparoscope is inserted through this tube. The laparoscope relays picture to a television monitor in the operation theatre, giving the surgeon a clear view of the full area and prevents damage to your internal organs.
3. Guided by the camera, the surgeon inserts special tools and uses an electric current to make very small holes on your ovaries. With Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, your ovaries may have a thick outer surface, which can affect your ability to get pregnant. Ovarian Drilling breaks through the ovary's thick outer layer, destroys small portions of it, and boosts fertility. After completing Ovarian Drilling, Testosterone production decreases and many women ovulate more regularly.
• It destroys too much of the ovary and this could cause your egg supply to diminish at a young age, sending you into early menopause
• Scar tissue can form between the ovaries and the Fallopian Tubes. This can make conception even more difficult after the surgery
• Infection of the incision
• Bleeding from the incision
• Internal bleeding
• Accidental injury to internal organs or major blood vessels, from the laparoscope or surgical instruments
• Pain after the procedure, from inflating the abdomen with gas
• Some Problems caused by anesthesia
• Scarring inside the body
• Infection – the physician will prescribe to take antibiotics
• Pain Relief - If you want, the doctor will prescribe pain killers to take home
• Avoid heavy lifting after surgery which include four weeks
• Advised to do some Post Operative Exercise
• Sexual activity - Resume sexual activity when you feel comfortable to do so
• Advised to take normal Diet
• Drink more water
• The procedure is usually done under General anesthesia/Local anesthesia
• It is least painful, if done under proper anesthesia and under expert fertility specialist
PCOS Drilling can stimulate Folliculogenesis and promotes ovulation and hence one can expect ovulation to occur after the procedure.
The complications may include bleeding,infection, etc.
• Pelvic Adhesion Formation
• Gas embolism
• Premature Ovarian Failure
• Long-term Ovarian Function
• Developing Hyper Stimulation Syndrome
• Adhesion Formation
• Multiple births
However the risks and complications of the procedure is very less when done in expert hands.
We at Sakthi Fertility provide Quality treatment at affordable cost. Our fertility specialists perform best in pregnancy care, infertility treatment in Udumalpet, Coimbatore. It serves as one of the best centers for Assisted Reproductive Technology treatment in Udumalpet, Coimbatore and many infertile couples are benefitted with our fertility treatment. Sakthi Fertility center has skilled specialists in infertility treatment, Pollution free environment, innovative financing programs and patient friendly and provides the best services to fulfil the patient's dream of having a baby. We have modern instruments with World class sterilizing standards, hence the chances of occurrence of infection is very minimal. Has performed multiple PCOS Drilling as of now and provide the best modality of treatment in Udumalpet, Tirupur and Tamilnadu, India.
For More Information: +91 96 26 200 600
We are here to answer any questions about your fertility treatment and we'll respond as soon as we can.