Artificial Insemination involves inserting the Male partner's or Donor's prepared semen through the neck of the reproductive tract or cervix and into the womb, close to the time of ovulation. The sperm then travels into the Fallopian Tubes, where they can fertilize the Woman's egg.
• Couple's infertility
• A man releases Semen and Sperm into the urinary bladder instead of out of the Penis or Retrograde Ejaculation It affects your fertility
• Absence of sperm count affects your quality of Sperm
• If a problem occurs with a Woman's Cervix, then travelling of sperm to the uterus does not happens
• Woman does not have a Male partner
• For Pregnancy, for couples facing Male or Female Infertility
• Sperms are tested and screened prior to Insemination, reduces the chance of passing a Genetic disorder on to the child
• Another benefit of Artificial Insemination is that it allows same-sex couples to get Pregnant and give birth to a child
• Conceiving more than one foetus such as twins or more
• Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
• Severe cramping during Insemination
• Puncturing the Uterus during Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
• Birth defects
IUI is the most commonly performed method of Artificial Insemination. This method is very simple and less expensive than In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). Intrauterine Insemination is a more effective treatment for some forms of Infertility. As a form of Artificial Insemination, Intrauterine Insemination is good for couples with unidentifiable sources of Infertility as well as for couples in which the man has some sperm deficiencies or the woman has cervical mucus problems.
Procedure of IUI
• IUI treatment can be performed in different ways to use for Infertility patients
• If a Women has a Natural Menstrual cycle without any medication
• If a Women in Irregular menstruation or Ovulation Induction, it involves the use of medication to stimulate the ovaries and cause or maintain the regular ovulation with either Letrozole or Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Injections
• The semen sample is analyzed and washed to concentrate the sperm and finally, the prepared sample is used for insemination where it is gently inserted into the uterine cavity using a speculum and a small Catheter
• An IUI procedure is performed by your Physician and is usually not painful, although sometimes you feel mild cramping and discomfort. After IUI , you should be able to return to work straight away
Intra-Cervical Insemination (ICI) is similar in concept to the Intrauterine Insemination but different in procedure. This is an Artificial Insemination process that can help the Woman become Pregnant and give birth to a child when the couple has certain medical conditions. In this process, the sperm is artificially placed inside the Vagina of the Woman.
ICI is an Artificial Insemination, and need a sample of either fresh or frozen semen taken from a Male partner or a Donor. Intra Cervical Insemination is an imitating of what happens during Sexual intercourse, where Penile Ejaculation pushes sperm into a Woman's cervix or Vagina and towards their target egg cells in the Fallopian Tubes for fertilization. So semen sample is taken and placed into the cervix, driving sperm towards the hopefully awaiting egg cell. ICI is performed about 12 hours after Ovulation/Release of an egg from its ovary.
• Intrauterine Tubo Peritoneal Insemination or IUTPI involves injecting the washed sperms into both the Fallopian Tubes and Uterus
• During the procedure, the Cervix will be clamped, because it prevents leakage to the Vagina
• This procedure is done by using a specially design Double Nut Bivalve (DNB) Speculum
• Then the sperm is mixed to create a volume of 10ml, adequate to fill the Uterine cavity and passed through the interstitial part of the tubes and the Ampulla, finally reaches the peritoneal cavity and the Pouch of Douglas where it would be mixed with the peritoneal and Follicular fluid
• Intrauterine Tubo Peritoneal Insemination can be useful in unexplained Infertility, mild or moderate Male Infertility, and mild or moderate Endometriosis
Intra Tubal Insemination procedure is placing sperms inside Woman's Fallopian Tubes, if Sexual intercourse is unable to do so. In this procedure, sperm is collected and cleansed before placed in a syringe. A thin Tube/Catheter is gently inserted into the Uterus via the Vagina. The newly washed sperm are then injected into the Catheter and pushed into either of the Fallopian Tubes.
The one advantage of this procedure is that the sperm do not have to travel up the cervix to fertilize an egg. Fertilization takes place in the Fallopian Tubes. This procedure is considerably more expensive as well. As a result of this, it is very rarely used.
Types of Intra-Tubal Insemination
• Intra-Fallopian Insemination (IFI)
• Sperm Intra-Fallopian Insemination (SIFI)
We at Sakthi Fertility provide Quality treatment at affordable cost. Our Fertility specialists perform all types of Artificial Insemination procedures in Udumalpet, Coimbatore. It serves as one of the best centers for Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment in Udumalpet, Coimbatore and many Infertile couples are benefitted with our fertility treatment. Sakthi Fertility centre has skilled specialists in Infertility Treatment, Pollution free environment, innovative financing programs, and patient friendly and provides the best services to fulfil the patient's dream of having a baby. We have modern instruments with world class sterilizing standards, hence the chances of occurrence of infection is very minimal. We have experienced Surgeons who perform all types of Artificial Insemination procedures in Udumalpet, Coimbatore and Tamilnadu, India region.
For More Information: +91 96 26 200 600