Varicocele Surgeons in Coimbatore
Varicocele is the swelling or enlargement of veins surrounding the testis. It's like a varicose vein in your leg. It is the most common causes of the Male Infertility. Varicocele usually develops on the left side in 80 % and typically they develop over long time. It is the group of connected veins in your scrotum becomes enlarged when blood pools in the area due to incompetent/failed valves within these veins.
The cause is unknown. It could be a problem with flow of blood in the spermatic cord, its carries the blood to and from the testicles. If the valves inside the veins in the cord do not work, it's like the blood backs up and the veins get broadens.
There are actually many common symptoms of Varicocele that may be experiencing. Some common Varicocele symptoms can include:
• Changes the size, shape and appearance of testis
• Twisted and enlarged veins in the scrotum that look and feel like a worm's bag
• A heavy or dull aching and uncomfortable feeling in the scrotum
• You feel one testicle bigger and heavier than the other one
• Pain that starts after strenuous exercise or heavy activities and also present in hot weather
• A lump is present in your testicle but that doesn't hurt
• Pain will be starting when you're in standing position but it is relieved when you lie down
• When Low sperm count is diagnosed from the laboratory result
• Swelling in the scrotum
• Large and twisted veins
About 35% of Male infertility is caused by a sperm defect and 45-55% of infertility cases have a sperm defect as the cause. Varicocele could possibly affect sperm by increasing testicular temperature - at least which is one theory. Varicocele is found in 35% of infertile men.
• There is no particular risk factors known for Varicocele, but they mostly appear during puberty
• Then it develops in a man Aged over 40 years, it is more likely to be due to a blockage in a larger vein in the abdominal area and it is possible as a result of a kidney tumor
If a Varicocele is causing no symptoms or problems, then it is best left alone. It is usually harmless but there are some situations in which it can cause some concerns, mainly
• Decreased sperm count
• Decreased sperm motility
• Dragging sensation
• Physical Examination
In Physical Examination, if your physician finds swelling, mass like structure, enlargement and twisting of veins in the scrotum
• Ultrasound (USG)
In this USG test, high-frequency sound waves are used to create precise picture of the structures inside your body. Furthermore imaging might be recommended to rule out other causes for the Varicocele and such as a tumor compressing the spermatic vein.
• Other tests
Other possible tests include Semen Analysis and Hormone Tests to find out the High Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Low Testosterone
Non Surgical Treatment:
Non-surgical approaches such as
• Anti-Inflammatory Medications
• Wearing Snug underwear or a Jock strap
• It is an open surgery performed under Local anesthesia or General anesthesia
• The surgeon will do the surgery in the area through the groin, or less commonly, through the abdomen or upper thigh
• Ultrasound and surgical microscopes are used to close the affected veins to reroute the blood through other healthier vessels
• Post-surgical pain is normally less
2. Laparoscopic Surgery
• The Laparoscopic Surgery is performed under General anesthesia
• The Surgeon makes a much smaller cut and uses it to insert tubes that hold surgical equipments and a special camera to help him see inside your surgical area
3. Percutaneous Embolization
• A Radiologist inserts a tube or Catheter into the body through the neck or groin
• Then the Instruments are passed through the tube, and the Surgeon uses coils or chemicals to block the vein by scarring it
• Percutaneous Embolization is a minimally invasive intervention
• This procedure can be done as an outpatient procedure, and recovery time is relatively short
We at Sakthi Fertility provide all under one roof. It serves as one of the best centers for Assisted Reproductive Technology treatment in Udumalpet, Coimbatore and many infertile couples are benefitted with our fertility treatment and have a complete family. Sakthi Fertility centre has skilled specialists in infertility treatment, Pollution free environment, innovative financing programs, and patient friendly and provides best services to fulfil the patient's dream of having a baby. We treat Varicocele in Udumalpet, Coimbatore, and Tamilnadu, India region with expert care and precision.
For More Information: +91 96 26 200 600
We are here to answer any questions about your fertility treatment and we'll respond as soon as we can.